Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween Madness

It's times like this I wish we had a digital camera....

We've been running around all day getting the girls' costumes together. Halloween costumes fall into the same catagory as Christmas presents for me: I'm always thinking of original and imaginative stuff to give people, but I don't often get around to buying it, and when I do it's always last minute. Fortunately I received from separate sources a small nun costume and some little medical scrubs. So now Babs will be St. Therese and Noogs is a doctor (and since we're hitting the Knights of Columbus All Saints party later tonight, she's St. Gianna Molla and will carry around a baby doll.) Baby will just be a baby. And she'll like it.

I spent a hour this afternoon wiring a crown of roses for Babs, and her feminine soul is in raptures. Noogs is pleased by the shower cap that's doubling as a surgeon's hairnet. I'm going to make her a doctor's name tag that says "St. Gianna Molla, MD". We're angling for the "Best Costume" prize.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, how cute! I was aiming to go as Snow white (the real one, not the horrid disney one), but I have this nasty virus which prevents any activity of the kind. Oh well. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

take pictures

Anonymous said...

I hope someone will be able to take pictures for you before the evening is over!

Anonymous said...

Hope they had fun and that we get to see some pictures.
A blessed All Saints' Day to all of you...

Kiwi Nomad said...

Yeah... a digital camera should definitely be on the buying list before a new vaccum cleaner!