Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Babymoon!


My friends, you know I love you one and all, but I have been enjoying the most delectable babymoon, which has left me with less than no desire to sit at the computer and compose. The immediate reality of baby's presence transcends the secondary reality of writing about it. I want to be with her, not analyze and analogize (I say it's a word, so there). As we all know, comparisons are odious.

Also, my back and sides ache, and this computer chair doesn't really do anything for that.

But rest assured (and I'm doing just that this week) that I shall write you up a full account of baby's birth soon enough. The only problem is that no one will believe me...

9 comments:

Jordana said...

Was it totally orgasmic?

mrsdarwin said...

No, because we've already established that the orgasmic birth is a myth. :) Or if it does exist, I just don't believe in it.

Rebekka said...

Gorgeous picture!

Emily J. said...

She's beautiful! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Babymoon. I like it.

I'm writing a series on prayer at the moment, and in trying to explain worship to a non-believer I'm planning to use the analogy of a mother and child - that tiny mutual admiration society, where the one adores the fount of food, dry bottoms, smiles, and all good things, and the other cherishes the precious sweetling that is so dependent, and so delightful.

Enjoy your babymoon.

mrsdarwin said...

Joyfulpapist,

Speaking of mothers and babies and worship, here's a post on just that from a previous babymoon.

Anonymous said...

Thank you.

I've worked my way through the topics for prayer (Petition and intercession, thanksgiving, offering, and praise and worship are the ones I thought of) and am about to dive into the modes of prayer.

I'd love to use some of what you say in my post on contemplation.

nicole said...

Congratulations! What a beauty!

RL said...

Angelic!