Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Raining, pouring, etc.

I had been hoping to churn out more installments of my serial this weekend, but life took a different turn. On Saturday I was in the ER for ten hours with my mom, who was in intense pain, accompanied by nausea, vertigo, and fever. She was about as sick as I've ever seen anyone, and it was scary. It turns out she suffered a severe attack of previously undiagnosed diverticulitis, and will be in the hospital for several days to recuperate while the infection is being treated. I came home and crashed on Saturday, and then fell asleep while writing last night, so I'm miserably behind on my word count for NaNoWriMo. Maybe all is not lost yet, though.

Also, please remember in your prayers Darwin's grandfather, who is fighting pneumonia and seems to be in his very last days.

Also, Jack went to the ER on Wednesday night after a collision with the corner of a slate-topped table and returned with three stitches in his brow. He's very pleased. We call him FrankenJack, or Jackenstein.

Hope your weekend was quieter, dear readers!

6 comments:

Melanie Bettinelli said...

Prayers for Darwin's grandfather and your mother.

Brandon said...

Definitely prayers.

I have a scar from slamming my head into an ornate table leg; I must have been very close to Jack's age. If I remember correctly it was two stitches. I was very pleased with myself then, too; but my scar's mostly hidden by my eyebrow.

JMB said...

I saw your post on FB and just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my prayers.

mrsdarwin said...

Thanks, all. I certainly appreciate having an online community of friends who can be counted on to offer prayers when we need them.

Brandon, I think every little boy must have a scar near his eye somewhere! Darwin has one as well. (So does Julia for that matter, though I don't remember how that happened.)

Jenny said...

Oh no! I hope I didn't jinx you with the tale of Sam's ER visit. I also received 8 stitches across my eyebrow at age 4 when I ran into a parked motorcycle.

Prayers for your family.

BettyDuffy said...

Prayers for the fam.