Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

"Compactly built"

One of the delights of having a blog is being able to link to whatever snippets of damn fine writing one pleases. Here, as a total non sequitur to the previous discussion, Angelico Nyugen pens the ideal Catholic Match profile in the mind of God:

Please note, to avoid frustration upon first meeting: She has to be okay with the fact that the good Lord exercised a severe (and, to my mind, elegant) economy when He proportioned my frame. What I’m trying to say is that, by turn-of-the-millennium U.S. standards, I’m a tiny, Hobbitty little man. Not that my lack of height bothers me; I’m perfectly happy to be, like Jerusalem, compactly built. But I get the sense that it might be a deal-breaker for some.

The whole comment has been making me laugh for two days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had this been in your brother's profile... I might not have become your sister-in-law ... But, man did it make me laugh.

MrsDarwin said...

No one would accuse John of being tiny and compactly built! But this is such an well-turned phrase that I bet it would appeal to some independent of their opinions on masculine height.

Mike L said...

I'm of average height for a man but love tall women. Unfortunately, most tall women want a tall man. So I can relate to this guy even though I do not resemble a hobbit.

Angelico Nguyen, Esq., OP said...

Linked by Mrs Darwin, related-to by Michael Liccione.

Best Tuesday ever!

(Even after missing second breakfast and elevensies!)