Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

A dialogue

Players: A mother and her teenage daughter

Teen: I need chocolate!

Mom: Why?

Teen: There's nothing else to eat for a snack.

Mom: Eat some jam toast.

Teen: What kind of jam is there?

Mom: Well, you can open the fridge and use your eyes.

Teen: I don't know how to do those things. Can I eat your chocolate?

Mom: You had a whole basket full of chocolate, and you ate it already.

Teen: But I had cramps. You didn't have cramps.

Mom: Child, I'm going to have a baby.

Teen: You're not having the baby now.

...and scene.

***

Someone is going to go without chocolate for a long time at this rate.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I get chocolate for my cramps now, but I'm a married woman with six children. I feel rather entitled to it. I did *not* when I was a teen-my mother would not so much as let me grab a handful of chocolate chips. Those were for baking!

The longer I am a parent, the more I understand my own parents.