Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Presenting: Our Lady of Guadalupe, Live!

Austinites! Come celebrate the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe a day early by stopping by the Cathedral tomorrow to catch some of the area homeschoolers, directed by yours truly, present a short play about Our Lady's appearance to Juan Diego! The performance is at 1:00, following the 12:05 Mass, and there will be refreshments afterwards. The Cathedral website has more details, and a photo of last year's cast. This year we've added some Spanish dialogue and a chorus, who will sing verses of the traditional hymn La Guadalupana as well as the chant Ave Maria.

The young Darwin misses will be participating: one as the narrator, and two as flowers on Tepeyac Hill.

11 comments:

Jen said...

Just to clarify - is it at 11am?
Thanks!

Jen said...

Never mind, I read that wrong - 1pm! Sorry.

Anonymous said...

...You have no idea how badly I want to make a road trip to Austin now. *sigh*

Unknown said...

Wish I could hop on a plane. Tell the girls Grandma E.will be cheering them on from Cincy.

christopher said...

... I usually sleep Friday afternoon for a few hours before going to work for the night... if I go, it'll mean 24 hours no sleep... you've got me torn now.

If I bring Cecilia, do I get to meet you and Mr. Darwin (if that is your real names...)?

No promises, I'd love to come, a definite strong maybe.

Melanie Bettinelli said...

Wish we could come.

mrsdarwin said...

Christopher,

I'll certainly be there, and Darwin will most likely attend. Oh, the temptation... Darwin is not our name, but you'll be able to place us from our mentions in the program. :)

The show is unlikely to be longer than 20 minutes long (though of course you've got audience settling-in time, which may add a few minutes). We'd love to see you, though I'd never discourage anyone from getting as much sleep as they can.

christopher said...

Ok, unless the kids are up all night again! I'll be the only dad there with the cute little midget of terror (holy terror, I can only hope).

Won't be able to stay long afterwards though!

mrsdarwin said...

I'll be the only dad there with the cute little midget of terror

Oh no, Darwin will be holding Jack! But actually, there will be lots of homeschoolers there with plenty of midgets of terror, and maybe even a few dads. You'll blend right in. :)

Also, all the schoolkids from St. Mary's will be there. It'll be quite a crowd.

The Opinionated Homeschooler said...

How I would love to come. Offspringen nos. 2 & 3 are heading out with me Friday morning on a road trip to New Mexico to visit Granddaddy, and we'll be gone a week. But we'll be in touch when we're back!

Mmmm, New Mexican Christmas tamales....

Catholic Bibliophagist said...

If pictures or video are taken, do send them to the grandmothers!