Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Friday, November 01, 2019

Holy Souls Novena, Day 8

(Act of Faith:) My God, I believe in You, because You are Truth itself; I firmly believe the truths revealed to the Church.
(Act of Hope:) My God, I hope in You, because You are infinitely good.
(Act of Love:) My God, I love You with all my heart, and above all things, because You are infinitely perfect; and I love my neighbor as myself, for the love of You.

MEDITATION FOR THE EIGHTH DAY, FRI. NOV 1
MEDIATION OF THE SAINTS
If the prayer of a righteous man has great power in its effects (James5:16), who is more righteous than the purified and glorified souls in Heaven standing in the very presence of the Holy Trinity?  Each soul in Purgatory will be a saint in Heaven, with great intercessory power.  “If we have died with Him, we shall also live with Him; if we endure, we shall also reign with Him.” (2Tim2:11-12)  This feast of All Saints today is the Church’s celebration of all the glorified in Heaven—still united as one with us in the Mystical Body of Christ and interceding for us.  These glorified souls burn with God’s own perfect charity, and generosity, and gratitude.  So those we have remembered in Purgatory will surely remember us when they come to their home in Heaven.  We look to the saints for inspiration, for example, and most especially for intercession.  And in the superabundance of His love, God gives His children the power to love those of us on earth.  “Love never ends” (1Cor13:8)—love for God and love for each other.  Lord God, with perfect trust in Your and Your saints’ love for us, we pray:


DE PROFUNDIS (Ps. 130)
Out of the depths I cry to You, O Lord;
Lord, hear my voice!
Let Your ears be attentive
to my voice in supplication:

If You, O Lord, mark iniquities,
Lord, who can stand?
But with You is forgiveness,
that You may be revered.

I trust in the Lord;
my soul trusts in His word.
My soul waits for the Lord
more than sentinels wait for the dawn.

More than sentinels wait for the dawn,
let Israel wait for the Lord.
For with the Lord is kindness,
and with Him is plenteous redemption;
And He will redeem Israel from all their iniquities.


DIVINE MERCY PRAYER
O Greatly Merciful God, Infinite Goodness, today all mankind calls out from the abyss of its misery to Your mercy, to Your compassion, O God; and it is with a mighty voice of misery that it cries out. Gracious God, do not reject the prayer of this earth’s exiles! O Lord, Goodness beyond our understanding, Who are acquainted with our misery through and through and know that by our own power we cannot ascend to You, we implore You: fill us and the souls in Purgatory with Your grace and keep on increasing Your mercy in us. Let the omnipotence of Your mercy bless our dearly departed.  Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord; and let perpetual light shine upon them. May their souls, and the souls of all the faithful departed for whom we offer this novena, rest in peace. Amen.  All you holy angels and saints, pray for us.
Chat Conversation End
Type a message, @name...

No comments: