Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Cruel Beauty: Win an autographed copy!


Today we're basking in the reflected glory of the release of Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge, Darwin's own little sister.
photograph by Janelle Bighinatti

To celebrate this red-letter event, we're giving away an autographed copy of the book to two lucky readers. Leave a comment to be entered in our drawing (and don't be anonymous, of course), and the kids will draw the lucky winners out of Diana's fleecy hat with the four tassels.

Wondering what it is you'll win? Read the first 70 pages.
Would you rather listen? Hear a clip at Audible.
Want to try some a bit different first? Try Rose's story Dreams and Desires and Powers, a a short mythology-inspired story of memory, murder, and regeneration, inspired by a GIF.
And there are more stories at her website.

17 comments:

Kate said...

I read the preview; it was lovely, and I would love to win a copy!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I already bought it in the iBookstore, where they let me download it at 11 CST. And read it all the way through because I have poor impulse control on these sorts of things. And it's very, very good. Too good to just be lumped into YA or paranormal romance for casual dismissal.

Kelly said...

Count me in--I love the cover art!

Jenny said...

How exciting! Throw my name in the hat.

mandamum said...

I would love to win a copy - I've been intrigued, but haven't been able to settle in to screen-reading lately so only got a small taste... but I loved "And her eyes sewn shut with unicorn hair"

Craig said...

OK, sure: I'm in.

United Hearts said...

I know I could order a copy on line, but I would much rather have an autographed copy! Very excited for Rose. And I absolutely LOVE the cover!!!

Lauren said...

Count me in! I'd love a copy.

Laura Staum Casasanto said...

I read the beginning, and I'm hooked! I'd love to win a copy.

Anonymous said...

Please count me in, too!

Mariana said...

I read her other short stories - amazing! Would love to read her novel!

Lois in Indy said...

Hope you don't mind if I enter. Intrigued by the preview. Lois

Darwin said...

Of course, Lois. You were one of my most loyal novel readers!

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

*jumps up and down like a maniac*

Just ignore my entry if this isn't international. =)

Julie D. said...

I'm a sucker for Beauty and the Beast, especially in the way it is described in the blurb ...

Heather said...

Sounds great, and I will probably buy a copy if I don't win!

Heather

Melanie Bettinelli said...

I just finished reading it. Took me a little longer than GeekLady, but I have three more distractions than she does. Really excellent. Really, really. Loved the mythology and the T.S. Eliot especially.

Good thing my sister is here for my children have been neglected by me today, poor dears.