Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Baby says, "No dice."

Well, it was shaping up to be an exciting weekend, but in the end, nothing happened.

Yesterday morning, after being up and down with girls all night, I started to feel back-achy and queasy and was having Braxton-Hicks contractions every five to ten minutes. Whenever I was moving around, baby was sitting low and putting much pressure on my nether regions, which was uncomfortable. Still, no real contractions. So we went to church -- no further developments for me, but Babs had to be taken out and spanked twice, so at least someone else was having pressure applied to her bottom as well. We went grocery shopping, and as I waddled and puffed around the store I wondered if Baby was going to make her grand appearance this evening. Still, no real contractions.

I went home and took a nap. I eyed dinner, but for once ate only ONE slice of pizza, and that unwillingly. I lay down again, this time with Babs against my back for a bit of counter-pressure. I went to the bathroom every three minutes. Still, no real contractions.

And this morning? Nothing! I feel perfectly fine, and Smaskig is wriggling and surging away happily inside, content to stay there until she's good and ready. Darwin grumbles because she could have gotten him out of a hard week at work by showing up last night. And now that I'm up and feeling better, Noogs is down with a fever and the nose. Urgh.

I suppose Baby would have been 2 1/2 weeks early and that's pushing it a bit, but the thought of being pregnant much longer becomes onerous.

1 comment:

Pro Ecclesia said...

You and Sarah both. She thought she might be going into premature labor the other day because the B-H contractions were so intense.

Only 5 more weeks for us to go, so I hope she can hang on.