Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Take and Eat

The moment of taking communion, though, since that’s when grace meets nature, that I can speak about, at tedious length. Father gave me the Host and then watched with something like questioning as I consumed it. I realized where I knew that expression from, that mixture of absorbed love and concern – will you eat? Do you know how good this is for you? 
I recognized it because I’ve had that look on my own face half-a-dozen times, when I’ve approached a baby with a spoonful of carefully confected solid food, his or her first, knowing that when and if the food goes down, life will be forever different.
Otepoti, our Kiwi blogger at Reading for Believers, just entered the Church this weekend. Go read her reflection on becoming Catholic, and offer a prayer of thanksgiving for her.

No comments: