Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Sesame Street Pinball (Eleven Twelve)

Sure, I watched Sesame Street back in the day, and it was plenty psychedelic in the heady days of the early 80s. There must have been a quantity of educational filler, but what's stuck with me for more than twenty-five years is the Pinball segment. This was ostensibly a counting exercise but I think must have been a creative outlet for animators who dropped too much acid before I was even a twinkle in my father's eye.



In case you need to jazz out to the music, here it is performed live by Fighting in the Streets.



And because we're tripping down Memory Lane, here's more Sesame Street for you: the wizard at the bridge. I remember the wizard. I remember the bridge. I just didn't remember what I was supposed to have learned.



Oh yes, of course. Circles.

1 comment:

mandamum said...

The bridge one was written by someone having to deal with driving into CA from OR or another neighboring state :) "Eaten or thrown away" is the giveaway! :p Nothing like having to consume a whole piekeeper of fresh cherries (because as the wizard points out, it's wrong to throw food away) while parked in the pullout before continuing into CA....