Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

How Many of Me?

Sometimes I wonder if we're going to have to the time to put up any substantive posts before October, so here, something amusingly non-substantive: find out how many people in the US share your name.

My brother is the only person in the US with his name, but then, I always knew he was unique.

A search on Mrs Darwin reveals:


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
1
or fewer people with the name Mrs Darwin in the U.S.A.
How many have your name?


The "or fewer" is the relevant phrase here.

6 comments:

Melanie Bettinelli said...

There are one or fewer Melanie Bettinellis too.

While Melanie is up there at 374th most popular first name, there are only 158 people in the U.S. with the last name Bettinelli. And I think we're related to all of them.

But it gets it wrong with my husband. I know there are two people with his name because he shares a name with his dad.

lissla lissar said...

There are one or fewer pwoplw in the U.S with the name Kyra Busbridge. I think it's kind of funny, because I guess that means there are no people in the U.S. with my name. Since I'm up here in Canada.

Josiah Neeley said...

It says that there are one or fewer Josiah Neeley in the United States, but I know this to be false, as I am Facebook friends with the other Josiah Neeley.

Brandon said...

It returns 373 Brandon Watsons. I'm suspicious that that's actually low.

MrsDarwin said...

My actual name has 111 matches, which seems to me rather low, as both names are common. What surprises me is that searching my maiden name turns up only 49 results, almost unbelievable for such a pair of Irish standards. So maybe not all the survey data makes it into the database?

Paul Zummo said...

Surprisingly four other matches for my name, which is three more than you might expect. Don't believe I'm related to any of them.