Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Thursday, May 12, 2016

There Is No Time!



Let me just note down here what happens this weekend so that I don't schedule one more thing.

Friday:
2:30 Schola practice for Pentecost sequence
4:30-5:30 Diana's class rehearses for dance recital
6:30-7:30 Eleanor and Isabel's class rehearses
7:30-8:30 Julia's class rehearses

Saturday

1:00 First Dance Recital; big girls volunteering
4:00 Second Dance Recital; all girls dancing, family attending.
As soon as we can get down there after recital: Junior High Overnight Service Camp, Eleanor volunteering, Julia and Isabel attending

Sunday:

7:30 First Mass; I sing sequence; leave after Gospel
8:30 Darwin picks up girls from Service Camp overnight; I go to church to rehearse the schola
9:00 Second Mass; children's schola sings sequence.
10:45 Third Mass; I sing sequence; leave after Gospel.
12:15 Fourth Mass; I sing sequence; leave after Gospel unless we have to stay for this mass because people arrived too late for the 9:00
3:45-5:15 Last religion class of the year.

Thank God that all these things are good in themselves, happy and constructive events. No court dates, no doctor's visits, no terrors. But I'll still be glad when they're over and I can just read my library books and learn to write again.

5 comments:

Hypatia said...

Very much trust your judgement in parenting and rule-of-life matters, so it's reassuring to see that this (albeit delightful) weekend also counted as a crazy-making one. I've been governessing a little girl for whom this would count as a relaxed schedule, and its been distorting my judgement.

Would love to know what you're singing. (and also any updates from the religion class, because whatever my other didactic merits may be, i.am.terrible at explaining christianity to almost anyone, but children especially.

MrsDarwin said...

As a rule, I'm of the "less is more" school of thought on children's activities, because I myself like to sit around. But lots of children make lots of activities especially around the end of the school year. This is the end of it, though.

We're singing the Pentecost sequence. It will go well, but the running back and forth all Sunday morning is tiring. Fortunately we live near church.

This weekend is our last religion class, per the schedule, so I hope I'll have some more time to write some stuff up. I'm assuming you want the 6th grade marriage talk and not the "Sexual Honesty in Marriage" one we gave to the marriage prep class. :)

Anonymous said...

Wish I could get up there as I'm not doing anything this weekend 'cept putter around the yard. And, of course, Will's graduation on Sunday. Wish you could come down for that.

Hypatia said...

Aha, probably both would be interesting and edifying!

Anonymous said...

I hope you're all laying about the living room eating ice cream by now.