Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Monday, August 14, 2017

Novena for Order 2017, Day 4

Everyone is called to enjoy the infinite benefits of this state. 
This is why I preach self-abandonment and not any particular way of life. I love whatever is the state in which your grace places souls and have no liking for one more than another. I teach all souls a general method by which they can attain that state you have designed for them. I ask of them nothing but an eagerness to abandon themselves completely to your guidance, for you will lead them very surely to what is best for them. It is faith I preach to them: abandonment, confidence and faith. They must long to be subject to and the tool of God's action, believe that at every moment and through all things this action is at work for them according to the measure of their good will. This is the faith I preach. It is not a special state of faith and pure love, but a general one by which all souls can find God in whatever guise he assumes and can take that form which his grace has ready for them. I am speaking to all kinds of souls. My deepest instinct is to belong to everyone, to proclaim to all the secret of the Gospel, and to be "all things to all men" (I Cor. 9:22). 
--Abandonment to Divine Providence by Jean-Pierre de Caussade, Chapter 3, 7.

Prayer for Ordering a Life Wisely.

No comments: