Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Saturday, June 27, 2020

The James Challenge

Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you realize that we will be judged more strictly, for we all fall short in many respects. If anyone does not fall short in speech, he is a perfect man, able to bridle his whole body also.
James 3:1-2 
We're used to reading scripture in dribs and drabs, a verse here and a verse there, but I challenge you this weekend to read the entire book of James. Five chapters. It can be done in less than twenty minutes. And because James speaks sternly of people setting themselves up as teachers, I won't highlight any verses, because what is edifies you will certainly be different from what edifies me. (And I'd end up including the whole book, hence this challenge.)

I'm using James as my examination of conscience for confession today. 



1 comment:

Catholic Bibliophagist said...

James is one of my favorite books!