Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Sunday, April 02, 2023

Coming out of the Dream

 Today is the last performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream. I would love to discuss concept and theme and art direction, but I am 100% swamped and have to be at the theater in half an hour. So here, have a link to a Google album of show photos. And some gorgeous fairies singing my arrangement of You Spotted Snakes:


We have had such fun, and our headaches have been minor and easily resolved with patience and good will. All in all, it has been an ideal community theater experience, a perfect first show, and a lot of fun for the old-timers. And I am completely exhausted and ready to stop having stress dreams about bizarre theater mishaps. Thursday I spent all day learning to be a sound engineer, so we could play clips of Mendelssohn's A Midsummer Night's Dream as sound cues for the opening performance. Friday I completely redecorated Titania's bower because the old flowers weren't catching the light the right way. This afternoon, after our matinee, we strike. We have to be completely out of the theater so the next group can move in tomorrow. By this time tomorrow, A Midsummer Night's Dream will be just that, a happy and quickly fading dream.


So goodnight unto you all.
Give me your hands, if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends.

1 comment:

Agnes said...

What wouldn't I give not to be a continent away! The photos capture the spirit of the whole beautifully, and the actors are wonderful. Congratulations!