Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Friday, January 13, 2006

And for those of you who watch LOST...

Head over to Julie D.'s blog and join the conversation. Having just watched last night's episode (the timing is bad for catching it live) I have to say that I thought the Eko backstory combined with Eko and Charlie searching for the plane was the best episode so far. I don't think the writers of the show are religious, but they understand religious symbolism and definitely respect Catholicism. LOST is the best show on prime-time television, natch.

(Of course I don't catch any other shows on prime-time, but I'll stand up for LOST against anyone!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was the most ridiculous episode to date. Ekko is lost on a deserted island in the south pacific and yet he finds his airplane from Nigeria, all the way into the same place in the very same south pacific. Not at all believable.

mrsdarwin said...

This is LOST, man -- remember that Eko told Locke not to confuse coincidence and fate. Somehow all these people are _supposed_ to be on this island. That's the sort of stuff that weirds out Jack, who as we recall is the "man of reason" or whatever.

Julie D. said...

As Locke would tell us, there is no coincidence, especially on this show.

Thanks for the shout-out, traveling pal! Lost is fun to watch but the BEST show on TV? For me it is House. Hands down. :-)

mrsdarwin said...

I really wanted to catch House when it first premiered because I love Hugh Laurie (my girls will sit and watch our video of Jeeves and Wooster over and over), but the timing just wasn't right. One doesn't always remember to tape stuff, and shows that air at 7:00 (as House did then) just aren't amenable to the schedule of the family with small fry. Oh well...

Anonymous said...

I gladly suspend my disbelief when it comes to Lost. Sure, the circumstances are unrealistic. But when has the setting of a show ever seemed more like a character?

House is my other favorite right now. I missed season one the first time around, but I've seen every episode of season 2 so far. I love Hugh Laurie! Also, Sela Ward is a great actress. She just oozes class.

I did get the dvd set of season one from the library. That answers a lot of questions about his "???" with Dr. Cameron among other things.

Take care, love ya!