Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

A Grief Observed

My father, Jonathon Hodge, died quietly yesterday morning, January 4th. It is, in fact, the same day on which my younger brother, Jonathon Hodge, died eighteen years before.

I'd held off on saying anything because several of my father's old friends read the blog occasionally, and I wanted to make sure that people heard through the appropriate channels first.

Thank you all for your prayers throughout this period. As Catholics we believe that it is a good and noble thing to pray for the dead, and so I would ask that you continue to include my father in your prayers, especially when attending mass.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I apologize if my comment caused a problem...I didn't think about that possibility...my condolences again...God bless...

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry for your loss, Darwin. It's so hard to lose a parent even when you believe you're prepared for it.

Our family will definitely pray for your dad and all of your family.

Julie D. said...

My condolences, Darwin. I will surely keep all of you in my prayers, including your father.

David said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Of course I offer my prayers for your dad's soul and for you and your family. God Bless

David

Foxfier said...

*HUG*

CafeCath said...

Blessings.

Rick Lugari said...

I know Rhonda already offered our condolences, but I had to stop by myself. I'm sorry for you and your family and will pray.

Patrick said...

Requiescat in pace.

Fidei Defensor said...

Prayers for your family.

John Farrell said...

God rest his soul and prayers and thoughts for you and your family.

Deacon Jim said...

Eternal rest grant onto him O Lord, and may the perpetual light shine upon him.

May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace.

alicia said...

RIP
condolences to the living, prayers for the dead
I haven't yet lost a parent, but I've lost both my parents in law and I miss them still. There's something about the wisdom of our elders - even when we may think we 'know better' - that is missed in the odd moments.
I know that my husband still aches to pick up the phone and just call his dad......
I pray that your children will have many good memories of their grandfather.

Dorian Speed said...

My condolences and prayers for you.