Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Friday, July 06, 2007

50s family values

Last Saturday was our sixth anniversary, and though you wouldn't know it because we never post on the weekend anyway, Darwin and I went off to a B&B for the weekend. (Grandma is in town for an extended visit, so we knew the girls were in good hands.) Over breakfast, we met a pleasant elderly couple with whom we exchanged basic background information and general conversational anecdotes. The wife told me how her mother had had four children in five years: "Then (this is how she put it when she told me -- it was the 50s, after all!),'We figured out what caused that, and got it fixed.'"

My immediate thought was, "They never had sex again? That's too bad!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary, kids!

I'm always amused at how many people reveal such personal details to complete strangers.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a blessed, happy anniversary!!