Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Mahna Mahna!

My sister and I have been singing the song from the Muppets all week -- the one that starts off with the guy bellowing, "Mahna Mahna!" So I resolved to search it on youtube and see the original.

"How are you going to find it?" she asked. "By searching for 'mahna mahna'?"

"Sure," I said. And lo and behold, when I started typing "muppets", youtube offered me a variety of options, the second of which was "muppets mahna mahna". So without further ado, here's "Mahna Mahna".

6 comments:

Foxfier said...

Did you find the new Muppet channel?

CMinor said...

He also puts in an appearance in the Muppet Bohemian Rhapsody, which substitutes "manamah" for "bismillah>"

CMinor said...

Wow, I just read the historical notes on the song, and was shocked to find out it came from the soundtrack to a blue movie.

And all this time, I'd assumed it was just something wacky Joe Raposo dreamed up.

mrsdarwin said...

C,

Yeah, that's why I picked that particular video -- I was amused by the info in the sidebar!

"Mahna mahna..."

bearing said...

We sing this every time we drive past the exit for Menomonie, Wisconsin on the way to Ohio.

CMinor said...

I've seen the song performed in Boy Scout campfire skits substituting the word "phenomenon."