Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Saturday, October 06, 2012

"Jesus took the net Himself"

"The work I had been unable to do in ten years was done by Jesus in one instant, contenting himself with my good will which was never lacking. I could say to Him like His apostles: 'Master, I fished all night and caught nothing.' More merciful to me that He was to His disciples, Jesus took the net Himself, cast it and drew it in filled with fish."

St. Therese, Story of a Soul

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean your lack of desire to do housework that you wrote about earlier was lifted?

MrsDarwin said...

No. No no no! God has not chosen to work that miracle in my soul. I never desire to do housework, but I desire its effect.

I liked this passage because often I feel like I've fished all night and caught nothing, but then I cling tightly to the net and wonder why it is I have no help.