Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Monday, July 11, 2005

The Queen City

Because I know that you've been reading up on our vacation and have been thinking, "Gee, I really wish I could learn more about Cincinnati!", here is a site called Shall We Gather at the River? An Anti-Tourist's View of Cincinnati, Ohio. There is a page of the site explaining the origins of Proctor and Gamble's Ivory soap. My family lives just blocks from the old Proctor house, and when we lived in LA I directed a Christmas pageant at a small Catholic academy located right next to the Gamble house in Pasadena. Yet I use Dove soap... Obviously one's choices are not dictated by one's surroundings.

2 comments:

David L Alexander said...

Thanks for promoting my site, Mrs D;
You have truly humbled the likes of me.
And if only your Dove would fly away,
May I suggest a P&G brand -- Camay???

mrsdarwin said...

Anything for the Queen City!