Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Miers Withdraws

I headed over to the Wall Street Journal's website to pull a story about Philip Morris Company developing an inhaler, only to find that the top story of the day is that Harriet Miers has withdrawn her nomination to the Supreme Court. I was a bit surprised, though I whole-heartedly support her decision. Perhaps she didn't expect the conservative furor over her nomination, though with such a scanty paper trail I think it shoud have been forseen. But I wish her well in her next endeavor, and hope that it will be far less of a public ordeal for her than the nomination process.

Now, Mr. Bush, if you'll give us someone like John Roberts again I think you'll see a lot less uproar the third time around.

No comments: