Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Brief Workday Rant

I am informed that tomorrow is Boss's Day.

As it happens, I like my boss and indeed his boss as well -- but is there any more idiotic example of a Hallmark holiday that "Boss's Day"? At least with the other celebrations like Mothers' Day and Secretaries' Day and Peasants' Day and Political Prisoners' Day we celebrate those whom we forget, neglect or otherwise abuse the rest of the time. But Boss's Day?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more. Is there any employee who thinks to himself, "if only I had a day when I was supposed to awkwardly and transparently suck up to my boss..."

Catholic Bibliophagist said...

Boss's Day? That is just plain wrong!

Kiwi Nomad said...

Fortunately that is a bit of hallmark americana we haven't heard of here;-)

Daddio said...

I'm with you. I don't dislike my boss or her boss or the guy above that or the guy above that. Nice folks. They seem to work hard, they deserve their success. But they can kiss my cubicle if they think I'm celebrating bosses day.