Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fairy Tale Economy

You can tell that I've got to used to thinking in economic terms when my three daughters are sitting in a row watching the Disney Sleeping Beauty (mummy is off at schola practice) and my immediate reaction to the animated classic is, "What did the rest of the kingdom have to say about King Stephon's resolution to burn all spinning wheels in the kingdom? Was there resistance? A black market for spinning? How did trade shift?

2 comments:

Melanie Bettinelli said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who ponders the economic and political implications of things like the spinning wheel ban.

Kyle Cupp said...

The population seemed to be largely inanimate, so they may not have cared much.

The plan wasn't very smart though. The kingdom's enemy was a witch who could magically create spinning wheels.

I guess that raises another question for you: how does the existence of magic affect the economy.