1. I'm getting my hair cut this weekend. I don't know if it says something about me that I want to look like Eve Harrington.
I guess that's better than Darwin and his flowing locks.
2. I find it was a mistake to not specifically give up something food-related during Lent, especially as we have have all sorts of candy
3. What makes me laugh: Tom Cruise dancing in Tropic Thunder.
Warning: rap song profanity
4.One of the top songs during the Depression was Brother, Can you Spare a Dime? Thanks to a friend's Greatest Hits of the Thirties songbook, I knew the song before the current resurgence, and it's a blast to play on the piano. Here's Al Jolson singing his heart out:
5. Isabel turned three this week, and I can't believe how big she's getting.
6. After watching 300, I wanted to learn more about what actually happened at the battle of Thermopylae. Darwin recommended that I read Gates of Fire: An Epic Novel of the Battle of Thermopylae by Steven Pressfield. I had two reactions: 1, the Spartans were pretty amazing; and 2, Thank God my little boy doesn't have to go through Spartan training.
7. Thanks to Big Tex's recommendation of The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess, whereas four months ago I could not even do one lunge, I can now blast through 10 Bulgarian split squats without batting an eye. Hoo, fitness!